Inspired by the activities of Barka Poland, a new start-up, half-a-year project was established in Reykjavik, Iceland on the 5th of January 2017 and was named Barka IS.
- 2016 – A study visit from Municipality of Reykjavik to Poland; Meetings about cooperation on the projects directed at helping homeless Poles, Central and Estearn Europeans in Iceland.
- January 2017 – Start of the homeless Central & Eastern European migrants support project in Iceland.
- June 2017 – Decision about extending BARKA IS project for for another half a year. Contract lasts til the end of December 2017.
- December 2017 – Reykjavikurborg decides on extending BARKA IS project for one more year! Contract lasts til December 2018.
- December 2018 – Extention of the project for another year. We will work in Reykjavik til the end of 2019.